The “Do Nothing” Dilema That ALL Businesses Face with Strategy Execution
Procrastination fascinates me. Not just because I get caught in it myself all-too-regularly, but because of the lost value or opportunity cost it represents to business. Yet it’s an all-too-common default for the majority of businesses.
Despite most business owners knowing full-well the substantial value and need for strategy to grow or move their business forward, it is intriguing how often we hear – “I really should get to that.”
And almost always, once Clients have embarked on a succinct, focused strategy & action plan for their business, a ‘sense of relief’ and the invariable acknowledgement – “I wish we’d done this years ago!”
So what’s holding YOU back?
* Day-to-day business is too busy? Cash flow is tight?
* Feel you don’t have the time? Resources? People? IT?
* Don’t know how to get started; too difficult to find an easy-to-implement, proven process?
* Don’t trust where to get help (every business coach can apparently “help me”)?
* Past attempts at strategy haven’t worked or have stalled out within weeks?
“An interesting fact about strategy execution –
the sooner you take action, the sooner it creates benefits for you.”
The trouble is…. It’s NEVER a good time. The longer you DON’T take action, the more it will cost you and the more difficult it will be. It doesn’t matter where you go for the advice, support or process, but do yourself a favour – GET STARTED TODAY! At Doug’s Unlimited we call it “Self-Imposed Sense of Urgency” (one of the ‘Critical Delivery Factors’ in our Success Dashboard Process)!
“If you keep on doing what you’ve always done,
you’ll keep on getting what you’ve always got.”
– W.L. Bateman
- 8 Immediate Actions to Scale Up Your Business - June 6, 2018
- Are You Constantly Navigating Your Ship (Business) From The Engine Room Rather than the Fly Bridge? (6 Actions To Keep You OUT Of The Engine Room) - April 18, 2018
- Business Culture Inside Equals Brand Outside (Why It’s Essential to Build from Within) - March 7, 2018
- 6 Essentials to Catapult Your Sales Growth (“It’s hard to sell mediocre”) - January 29, 2018
- “Debottlenecking” Your Business, Not Just Your Operations - November 1, 2017
- Increased Revenue Does NOT (necessarily) Increase Sale-Value - July 26, 2017
- Let the Silence Do Your Talking - May 15, 2017
- Business Execution is Like Building a Puzzle - April 27, 2017
- Optimizing Your Peer-to-Peer Coaching and Mentoring Experience - March 28, 2017
- What 3 Things Would You Change In Your Business? - March 6, 2017