We’ve all heard the expression “It can be lonely at the top”. The Peer-to-Peer (P2P) mentoring model has been a growing trend over the last decade to help business leaders overcome this issue.
Peer-to-Peer groups often involve monthly 3-hour roundtable-style facilitated meetings of 6-12 business owners/leaders with structured discussion and sharing on practical business issues. Groups can include a mix of businesses or be more focused by industry sector, growth stage, common purpose, sophistication, etc. Fees vary based on business sophistication, extent of personal coaching, speakers, and events.
Better business decisions inherently come from leveraging outside perspective and experience (Leveraging the Power of Outside Perspective; Who’s Your Strategic Build Buddy?), which leads to improved performance by business leaders and their businesses (CEOs Need Mentors Too, Harvard Business Review, April 2015).
The Challenge: Converting the Ideas and Discussion into Action
The value of P2P networking, ideation, shared experiences, and mentoring provides obvious benefits to its group members. But, in order for that value to be transferred to your business and fully-utilized requires two critical steps:
- Ideas have to be brought back, translated and introduced in a format relevant to your business; and
- Disciplined execution and follow-through on the ideas to ensure they are fully implemented within your business.
Sounds easy and straight-forward, but it rarely happens. Experience tells us we suck at these two steps. How many times have you jotted down “the perfect idea” for your business at a meeting or seminar only to be distracted by other pressing issues as soon as you get back to your office? We rarely get back to those notes. It happens to all of us. Without proper execution and follow-through, even the best ideas get lost and result in significant missed opportunities or lost value to the business.
The Missing Piece: Execution and Follow-Through Are Essential for P2P Value
The experience and perspective gained through P2P groups or individual mentoring can provide significant benefit to business owners. However, it only creates benefit for your business if it is implemented within your business.
The Success Dashboard Execution Platform© was created to keep everything mission-critical to your business ‘front and center’ – including those ‘perfect ideas’ you just uncovered at your last P2P meeting – to ensure ideas are captured, prioritized and acted upon to improve your business. No more lost ideas, and the ROI of your P2P meetings just went up because you implemented every idea!
Be Bold, Think Big, Be Curious, Keep Focused!
- 8 Immediate Actions to Scale Up Your Business - June 6, 2018
- Are You Constantly Navigating Your Ship (Business) From The Engine Room Rather than the Fly Bridge? (6 Actions To Keep You OUT Of The Engine Room) - April 18, 2018
- Business Culture Inside Equals Brand Outside (Why It’s Essential to Build from Within) - March 7, 2018
- 6 Essentials to Catapult Your Sales Growth (“It’s hard to sell mediocre”) - January 29, 2018
- “Debottlenecking” Your Business, Not Just Your Operations - November 1, 2017
- Increased Revenue Does NOT (necessarily) Increase Sale-Value - July 26, 2017
- Let the Silence Do Your Talking - May 15, 2017
- Business Execution is Like Building a Puzzle - April 27, 2017
- Optimizing Your Peer-to-Peer Coaching and Mentoring Experience - March 28, 2017
- What 3 Things Would You Change In Your Business? - March 6, 2017