When progressive business leaders start talking about the future of their business, there is an inevitable ‘buzz’ and energy that happens. The discussion allows them to escape from the day-to-day operational issues (Covey describes it as the “whirlwind”) to contemplate the potential of their business – Blue Skying their business. It ALWAYS seems to get their mojo going.
But here’s the REALLY interesting part… when we start talking about our potential and start contemplating the stepping stones to really make it happen, the destination begins to feel within reach, starts to take shape, and begins to become a reality.
Strategy, quite simply, is moving your business from ‘point A’ to ‘point B’ with a disciplined plan and continued action.
How quickly you reach your destination will depend upon
- Your sense of urgency and how bad you want it,
- A disciplined plan to get there,
- The resources (time, money, expertise) you dedicate, and
- Your focus and resolve to see it through (sustained action).
EVERY business ever created began with an idea that was acted upon. The majority of Strategies and Succession Plans are fraught with the best-of-intentions, and many fail despite an enthusiastic start. Sound familiar? Make sure the potential for your business is reached by taking action today, it won’t get any easier tomorrow, next week, or next year.
Are you having difficulty executing strategy or positioning YOUR business? Reach out to someone – a trusted business colleague, mentor, business coach – and start talking up the potential of your business – Blue Skying it. Get YOUR mojo going.
Be bold, think big, be curious!
- 8 Immediate Actions to Scale Up Your Business - June 6, 2018
- Are You Constantly Navigating Your Ship (Business) From The Engine Room Rather than the Fly Bridge? (6 Actions To Keep You OUT Of The Engine Room) - April 18, 2018
- Business Culture Inside Equals Brand Outside (Why It’s Essential to Build from Within) - March 7, 2018
- 6 Essentials to Catapult Your Sales Growth (“It’s hard to sell mediocre”) - January 29, 2018
- “Debottlenecking” Your Business, Not Just Your Operations - November 1, 2017
- Increased Revenue Does NOT (necessarily) Increase Sale-Value - July 26, 2017
- Let the Silence Do Your Talking - May 15, 2017
- Business Execution is Like Building a Puzzle - April 27, 2017
- Optimizing Your Peer-to-Peer Coaching and Mentoring Experience - March 28, 2017
- What 3 Things Would You Change In Your Business? - March 6, 2017