Take a look at the list of things you set out to get done in this week. Now look at how many you actually accomplished and how many you didn’t, or just plain put off (again)?
Most of us didn’t get to several of the things we had hoped to get done this week, despite our best intentions. And most of us ended up leaving several of the less urgent or larger “thinking time” projects for later. In fact you’ve likely deferred a few projects for a few consecutive weeks now. There’s always next week…
I took a hard look at what I accomplished this week and came to an important realization:
I accomplished 100% of the deadlines or commitments where I was accountable to others – scheduled phone calls, documents I had promised to send, scheduled meetings, or proposal deadlines.
I accomplished only 30% of the self-imposed deadlines where I wasn’t accountable to others – articles I wanted to write, people I had wanted to call, and several action items for my own business. A substantial difference in performance!
Declaring a commitment or deadline with someone else
creates outside accountability,
which substantially increases the odds of getting things done!
90% of business execution is getting things done.
The Success Dashboard Execution Platform© creates the outside accountability businesses need to get things done. Weekly. For sure.
Declare your goal, create your deadline, focus on highest-impact actions, and create weekly outside accountability.
No more excuses – let’s get it done!
Be Bold, Think Big, Be Curious, Keep Focused
- 8 Immediate Actions to Scale Up Your Business - June 6, 2018
- Are You Constantly Navigating Your Ship (Business) From The Engine Room Rather than the Fly Bridge? (6 Actions To Keep You OUT Of The Engine Room) - April 18, 2018
- Business Culture Inside Equals Brand Outside (Why It’s Essential to Build from Within) - March 7, 2018
- 6 Essentials to Catapult Your Sales Growth (“It’s hard to sell mediocre”) - January 29, 2018
- “Debottlenecking” Your Business, Not Just Your Operations - November 1, 2017
- Increased Revenue Does NOT (necessarily) Increase Sale-Value - July 26, 2017
- Let the Silence Do Your Talking - May 15, 2017
- Business Execution is Like Building a Puzzle - April 27, 2017
- Optimizing Your Peer-to-Peer Coaching and Mentoring Experience - March 28, 2017
- What 3 Things Would You Change In Your Business? - March 6, 2017